Mac OS X Network Card Configuration
Note: To change settings in OS X, you may be asked to enter the password for an account with administrator privileges. Usually, this is the user name and password you created when you first installed OS X.
- Move your mouse over the Dock and click the System Preferences icon.
- Click Network to display the Network panel.
- Show: Built-in Ethernet from the drop down menu.
- Select the TCP/IP tab.
- From the Configure drop-down menu, select Using DHCP.
Note: Do not choose Using DHCP with static IP address.
- Enter "utexas.edu" in the Search Domains text box.
- When you are finished changing your network settings, click Apply Now.
- Save the configuration when prompted.
- Close the System Preferences screen.
If you have completed all of these steps and you still cannot connect to Resnet, please contact the ITS Help Desk. Make sure you have your port number available.